About Me

My photo
San Ignacio/Santa Elena, Cayo District, Belize
I chose to move to Belize, September, 2007. I've been in sales and marketing for years, a real estate investor by habit and a Quaker by upbringing. I have a great interest in the ancient Maya civilization so what better place to be than Belize?! It's now January, 2009. I'm fortunate to be a member of the Rotary Club of San Ignacio. It is an active club with members who hail from 11 different countries. The club focuses on education and health issues in the Cayo District. I had forgotten how much I enjoy the experience of new places, people and spaces. The internet and VoIP makes communication fast and easy so I stay up to speed wiht family and friends, as best I can. I love Belize – it has its ups and downs – but it still one of the most beautiful places in the world. People are kind and caring and we all live very close to Mother Earth. Come see for yourself.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday in San Ignacio, Belize




In Belize, Easter is celebrated for days. It starts with Holy Thursday and finishes up with Easter Monday. Everything closes on Easter Friday then Saturday is a big celebration day and as I went to work my 2nd day at the Easter Fair, apparently Easter Sunday afternoon is a great day to hang by the river and literally "chill out."