About Me

My photo
San Ignacio/Santa Elena, Cayo District, Belize
I chose to move to Belize, September, 2007. I've been in sales and marketing for years, a real estate investor by habit and a Quaker by upbringing. I have a great interest in the ancient Maya civilization so what better place to be than Belize?! It's now January, 2009. I'm fortunate to be a member of the Rotary Club of San Ignacio. It is an active club with members who hail from 11 different countries. The club focuses on education and health issues in the Cayo District. I had forgotten how much I enjoy the experience of new places, people and spaces. The internet and VoIP makes communication fast and easy so I stay up to speed wiht family and friends, as best I can. I love Belize – it has its ups and downs – but it still one of the most beautiful places in the world. People are kind and caring and we all live very close to Mother Earth. Come see for yourself.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Iguana Episode 10/28/07






excerpts from an email to my son, Jason

My Belizean friend, Mary, and I, could hear this animal crashing through the branches as it was moving around in the upper branches of the trees. I had seen something earlier in the day and asked Mary about what animal it might be. She finally decided it was an iguana when she saw the long tail and surmised that he was up there eating birds' eggs.

When I took the first picture he was still sort of dazed but the close up picture finally upset him and the iguana went back up the tree. He apparently is not so big for his species but he is a male because he is orange. Th girl iguanas like that, I guess. I took the picture of him in the treetop in November. It turns out he lives up there.